PhD, Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Rutgers University/UMDNJ, USA
- Dean of Research and Development, NYCU (2022~2022)
- Associate Dean for Research and Development, NYMU/NYCU (2019~2021)
- Director, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, NYMU/NYCU (2019~present)
- Visiting Professor, Department of Genetics, Stanford University, USA (2018~2019)
- Head of Research, Nuredis Inc., USA (2017~2019)
- Senior Visiting Scholar, Nuredis Inc., USA (2017)
- Distinguished Professor, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, NYMU/NYCU (2017~present)
- Director, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, NYMU (2016~2017)
- Acting Director, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, NYMU (2015~2016)
- Professor, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, NYMU (2012~2017)
- Associate Professor, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, NYMU (2010~2012)
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, NYMU (2003~2010)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Genetics, Stanford University, USA (2000~2003)
- Distinguished Alumni Award, College of Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan (2020)
- Distinguished Alumni Award, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan (2018)
- Outstanding Research Award, Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan, R.O.C. (2017)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) research grant award, USA (2013~2017)
- CHDI foundation research grant award, USA (2013~2014)
- Gene regulation
- Neurodegenerative disorder
- Biochemistry and molecular genetics
- Development of small molecule inhibitors
- N Deng, YY Wu, Y Feng, WC Hsieh, JS Song, YS Lin, YH Tseng, WJ Liao, YF Chu, YC Liu, EC Chang, CR Liu, SY Sheu, MT Su, HC Kuo, SN Cohen*, TH Cheng*. (2022). Chemical interference with DSIF complex formation lowers synthesis of mutant huntingtin gene products and curtails mutant phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 119 (32): e2204779119.
- YH Lee, YS Tsai, CC Chang, CC Ho, HM Shih, HM Chen, HL Lai, CW Lee, YC Lee, YC Liao, UC Yang*, TH Cheng*, YJ Chern*, BW Soong*. (2022). A PIAS1 protective variant S510G delays polyQ disease onset by modifying protein homeostasis. Movement Disorders 37 (4), 767-777.
- PC Tsai, BW Soong, I Mademan, YH Huang, CR Liu, CT Hsiao, HT Wu, TT Liu, YT Liu, YT Tseng, KP Lin, UC Yang, KW Chung, BO Choi, GA Nicholson, ML Kennerson, CC Chan, PD Jonghe, TH Cheng, YC Liao*, S Züchner, J Baets, and YC Lee*. (2017). A recurrent WARS mutation is a novel cause of autosomal dominant distal hereditary motor neuropathy. Brain 140, 1252-1266.
- NJ Kramer, Y Carlomagno, YJ Zhang, S Almeida, CN Cook, TF Gendron, M Prudencio, MV Blitterswijk, V Belzil, J Couthouis, JW Paul III, LD Goodman, L Daughrity, J Chew, A Garrett, L Pregent, K Jansen-West, LJ Tabassian, R Rademakers, K Boylan, NR Graff-Radford, KA Josephs, JE Parisi, DS Knopman, RC Petersen, BF Boeve, N Deng, Y Feng, TH Cheng, DW Dickson, SN Cohen, NM Bonini, CD Link, FB Gao, L Petrucelli*, AD Gitler*. (2016). Spt4 selectively regulates the expression of C9orf72 sense and antisense mutant transcripts. Science 353, 708-712.
- HM Cheng, Y Chern, CS Lin, SH Li, IH Chen, CR Liu, S Chun, F Rigo, CF Bennett, N Deng, Y Feng, YT Yan*, SN Cohen*, and TH Cheng*. (2015). Effects on Murine Behavior and Lifespan by Selectively Decreasing Expression of Mutant Huntingtin Allele by Supt4h knockdown. PLoS Genetics 11, e1005043.
- CR Liu, CR Chang, Y Chern, TH Wang, WC Hsieh, WC Shen, CY Chang, IC Chu, N Deng, SN Cohen*, and TH Cheng*. (2012). Spt4 is Selectively Required for Transcription of Extended Trinucleotide Repeats. Cell 148, 690-701.